Swimming Pool Supplies and Accessories
Building an above ground or inground pool can transform your backyard and increase your property value. However, once a pool is built, it is important to pay close attention to its upkeep and purchase all the necessary swimming pool supplies. With the appropriate cleaners and equipment, you can ensure your new pool continues to run smoothly for years to come. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, our online pool supplies store has everything you will need to take care of your pool during all four Canadian seasons. As the winter approaches, it is extra important to prepare your pool for the cold weather ahead to protect your equipment and liner from potential damage inflicted by the winter months.
Backyard Swimming Pool Supplies & Accessories
Here are some of the equipment available through our online pool supplies store and provided details on supplies that will help you maintain your backyard pool.
- Winter Pool Covers: Winter covers are an important accessory for protecting your pool in the off-season. After a summer of pool use, most homeowners close their pool in the fall to prepare it for the winter. In addition to protecting their equipment and plumbing, a winter cover will protect the body of the pool and the liner. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, our online pool supplies store carries a range of winter pool covers in diverse sizes and shapes. We carry covers for both oval and rectangular pools of all sizes and they vary in price according to their size. With a good quality winter cover, you can then choose to winterize your pool yourself or hire a pool and spa company to complete the winterization process for you.
- Pool Pumps: Your pump is a key piece of equipment to keep your pool working properly. Over the last few years, pump technology has improved to help increase energy efficiency and reduce running costs. Hayward and TriStar both make a variety of pool pump models. Variable Speed pumps are known for their increased energy efficiency and many models are now designed to run as quietly as possible. No matter what type of pump you are looking for, Seaway can help find the perfect model for your backyard pool. We also carry a range of equipment and replacement parts to help you repair a broken pool pump.
- Swimming Pool Heaters: Many Canadians rely on pool heaters to make the most of their swimming pool season during bouts of colder weather early in the late spring, during summer nights, and early fall. We offer a range of natural gas heaters that offer effective energy pool heating so you can swim comfortably. Our heaters are long-lasting and easy to maintain, making them a cost-effective addition. At Seaway, we carry a range of environmentally friendly natural gas heaters for all pool sizes. In addition to swimming pool accessories, we also provide replacement parts necessary to repair broken or damaged heaters. Because a pool heater extends your pool season, they’re a cost-effective addition to any backyard. Paired with a heat pump, you can easily maintain your ideal water temperature.
- Testers: Stay on top of the swimming pool and hot tub water testing with test strips or digital water testers. These swimming pool accessories are essential to the health of your swimming pool and your swimmers, and testing enables you to get fast actionable insights. Use multi-purpose test strips that test against various essential water parameters, including total chlorine, hardness, bromine, alkalinity, and overall pH. You can use manual dip strips that give you instant easy to read colour-coded results. Or, you can leverage a smart automatic water tester that analyzes your water chemistry digitally and sends results directly to your smart device. Either way, water testers give you real-time insights into your pool water that allow you to treat your pool water fast and effectively for safer swimming.
- In addition to purchasing pool testing equipment from our online pool supply store, at Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, we offer virtual water testing support, so you can take a picture of your test strip and get an online diagnosis for your pool and custom recommended treatment.
- Pool Cleaners Easily the most important part of pool maintenance, pool cleaners and santizers ensure your pool is safe for swimming and your equipment and liners are protected from corrosion or other damage. Swimming pool supplies include a variety of cleaners and sanitizers, including liquid chlorine, shock, pH balancers, algicide, and more. Depending on your type of pool, you will require different disinfectants and sanitizers. If you are concerned about your water chemistry, many pools and spa stores, including Seaway, offer free water quality testing. You can also purchase your own home water testing kit to keep an eye on your water quality.
- Suction Pool Cleaners: When debris, dirt, sand, or other unwanted junk ends at the bottom of your pool, reaching in with a skimmer to clean it out can be challenging and ineffective, especially if you have a large swimming pool or plunge pool. A suction pool cleaner is a must-have swimming pool with deep ends that would be difficult to reach manually or with other cleaning tools. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, we stock Hayward suction pool cleaners in our online pool supply store that are designed to maintain strong traction underwater, making them perfect for easy pool floor cleaning.
- Vacuums: To keep your pool water clean and safe for swimming, you will need a vacuum and a skimmer. Vacuums can be both manual or robotic, and there are pros and cons to either model. Manual vacuums allow you to personally clean the bottom and sides of your pool. Although this is a more labor-intensive option, it allows you to carefully scrub every inch of your liner to keep it clean and free of algae. Robotic vacuums on the other hand are automatic and take the hassle out of the cleaning process. More advanced models can even be operated remotely via WIFI-enabled technology. Robotic vacuums are available for both above ground and inground pool models and many are designed to thoroughly clean the entire bottom and even the sides of your pool liner. Some pool owners even choose to have both types of vacuums for use under different circumstances.
- Skimmers: Pool skimmers are a fast and easy way to remove large debris floating around the surface of your swimming pool and hot tub. You can choose from manual skimmer nets and skimmer baskets or robotic skimmers at your local pool supply store. Skimmers are used to remove leaves, insects, rocks, dirt, twigs, flowers, and even oils or sunblocks. It’s important to remove these types of organic debris from your pool as completely as possible and as frequently as possible to ensure they don’t sink to the bottom of your pool and to prevent more challenging problems like algae growth or bacteria.
- UV Sanitizers: Backyard pools use different types of chlorination systems to sanitize water and eliminate harmful bacteria like E.Coli and Salmonella. Traditionally, chlorine tablets and liquid chlorine dispense chlorine into the water. But with time, more advanced chlorination systems have been become available at pool companies in Toronto to facilitate and enhance swimming pool sanitization. UV sanitization systems work to eliminate the chemical byproducts of chlorine and more easily achieve balanced water chemistry.
Whether you want to lounge poolside or float around your pool, a well-decorated, fully-equipped patio enhances that experience. You can shop a full range of patio accessories available online or in-person at your pool supply store to improve the functionality and comfort of your backyard. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, we pride ourselves in supporting, building, designing, and maintaining your entire backyard experience.
- Fire Pits: As the weather begins to change from one season to the next, contemporary fire pits, bring stunning ambience right to your backyard. You can find beautiful fire features online from our pool supply store in different styles, shapes and sizes to best suit your backyard design. Not only is a stylish fire pit a beautiful focal point, but it also creates an attractive and inviting gathering point for you and the whole family.
- Gas Heaters: Extend your patio season and improve outdoor comfort during cool nights. Great for entertaining and gathering, gas heaters safely and efficiently add warmth to backyard patios. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, we have a selection of high-quality gas heaters perfect for your Canadian summers.
- Hammocks: While backyard swimming pools are great for jumping in and cooling off on hot summer days, there are benefits to hanging out poolside. You can soak up sun rays, tan, and sunbathe peacefully with a hammock. We stock a range of patio hammocks that rock you poolside into a trance of relaxation even when the weather isn't so hot. You can choose from various styles of hammocks and colours to best suit the rest of your patio furniture and swimming pool accessories.
- Beanbags: Backyards are a place for fun in the sun, and while traditional wicker patio furniture is always a good fit, there's also an opportunity to channel your inner child with family-friendly bean bag chairs and cushions. We stock a range of bean bag patio chairs and swimming pool accessories in stock on the Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs online pool store. In-pool and poolside beanbags enable families and kids of all ages to enjoy bean bag patio furniture's comfort, functionality, and excitement. Look out for some dual-functioning bean bag hammocks that double as a chair on land and as an in-water float.
- Pool Floats: Floatation devices are perfect for all types of swimmers: beginner or advanced, new or experienced. From noodles to graphic floaties, these swimming pool accessories provide a fun, fashionable, and photo-friendly opportunity for swimmers to get in the pool with the confidence that they will stay afloat. Trendy float styles are well-suited for summer Instagram shares and other social media platforms, while classic noodles are good for teaching younger kids how to swim. Additionally, you can find baby floats for the youngest pool-lovers to safely float along with the family.
- Faux Greenery: If you're interested in turning your backyard swimming pool into a dream-like oasis, then patio and swimming pool accessories, especially greenery, have a big part to play. Unfortunately, in Canada, especially Ontario's, seasonal climate, pool plans and shrubbery have a hard time surviving in colder months. However, you can elevate the outdoor experience and decor with high-quality, real-looking faux plants. From privacy trellises, hanging pots, and palm trees, you can transform your backyard into an alternate destination with the ambience of a vacation all year long without the trouble of garden or plant care.
- Games: Your backyard swimming pool is the perfect playground for friends and family with the right accessories. Pool toys and accessories enhance the functionality of your swimming pool. You can go from lounging or laps to fun competitions. The possibilities are endless when you shop fully stocked pool companies in Toronto online or in-store. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs online swimming pool store, you can find inflatable pool volleyball nets to play at home.
Seaway Pools and Hot Tubs Online Pool Supplies Store
As the winter rapidly approaches, it is time to start thinking about closing your pool for the season. Many swimming pool supplies are important for completing this process including a winter cover, cleaners, and sanitizers. This is also a great time of year to invest in making your outdoor living space amenable to colder temperatures with heaters and covered seating. All this and more are available through the Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs online pool supplies store. We sell everything you may need for your pool maintenance and winterization process. Our expert staff can help you purchase all the supplies you will need to protect your pool this winter. We also offer a winterization service where our team of technicians will come to your home and prepare your pool for the winter. This helps take the hassle out of the winterization process and ensures that everything is properly protected through the cold winter months ahead.
Whether you have an above ground or inground pool, Seaway Pools and Hot Tubs has over 40 years of experience providing pool services to the Greater Toronto Area. In addition to our winterization service, we offer water quality testing, landscape design, and more to help make your backyard the best feature of your home. For more information on any of our services or to book a winterization service today, contact Seaway at 905-294-8030 (Markham) or 905-853-8500 (Newmarket).