How to Keep Your Skin Moisturized and Healthy After Using the Hot Tub
As a hot tub owner, you’ve likely established a routine to ensure that your hot tub is well-maintained, cleaned regularly, and has clean and safe water for you and your family to swim in. That being said, are you paying attention to ensuring that your skin is as moisturized and healthy as can be? Here are some tips to ensure your skin is looking and feelings its best after soaking in the tub.
- Manage your pH: healthy skincare after hot tubbing begins with proper water in the tub. Always ensure that your pH levels and chlorine levels in the tub are within the recommended range for your tub. In addition to monitoring your pH, you can also install a hot tub water conditioner to soften the water in your tub, so that you get extra moisture into your skin.
- Watch the time: Don’t soak in the tub for too long, or else it can dry out your skin. Always take breaks every 20 minutes to ensure your skin is getting a break from the heat.
- Be gentle: When you exit your hot tub, pat yourself dry with a soft towel. If you rub your skin, you can actually pull or irritate it. Using soft towels will also help to absorb more water, and cause less abrasion on your skin.
- Rinse in the shower: As a hot tub owner, you know that there are chlorines and chemicals used in your hot tub water. It’s beneficial for your skin if you rinse in the shower after each hot tub session to ensure you’re washing away all the chemicals from your body. Some of these chemicals can dry out or irritate your skin if you don’t rinse them off. Using warm water is typically better than using hot water, as it’s more gentle on your skin. Spend the extra few minutes and ensure your skin is clean and fresh after a dip in the tub.
- Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! Once you’re dry after your shower, apply a moisturizer to your face and body. This will ensure that your skin has the hydration it needs for the remainder of the day or night. This is a necessary way to keep your skin hydrated after using the hot tub.
We hope you found these tips useful in helping you keep your skin moisturized and healthy after using the hot tub. We know how important it is to our clients to enjoy the overall hot tub experience, and skincare after tubbing is definitely a part of it! If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to our staff directly. You can either call us at (905) 294-8030, email us at email@example.com, or visit one of our two store locations at 27 Heritage Road in Markham, or 17480 Yonge Street in Newmarket. Our team is expertly trained to answer any questions you may have and help you get the hot tub or pool experience you’re looking for.