In-Ground vs Above-Ground Swimming Pools
Imagine not having a pool to cool off in when the temperatures are scorching hot? Nothing is sweeter than coming home after a long, hot summer day and swimming in your in-ground or above-ground swimming pool. Swimming pools are a way to relax, move your body, and enjoy the weather during the warmer months. When choosing between inground pools or above ground pools, there are many factors to take into consideration, such as maintenance, size and cost. Regardless, both options allow you to enjoy the perks of a pool when you need it most.
At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs we stock both above ground swimming pools and custom inground pools, so you can pick the option that best suits you.
When choosing between inground pools or above-ground pools, many options exist, here are some tips to help you choose the best swimming pool for you!
Above-Ground Swimming Pool
- Maintenance: Above-ground swimming pools are perfect for those who want a low-maintenance swimming pool option. Since the pools are elevated, there is less chance that insects, leaves, and dirt will enter the pool, as the sides act as a barrier. Maintenance for above-ground pools is also a safer option - you don't have to worry about people or animals falling into the pool as it is higher. Though maintenance and equipment are necessary, above ground swimming pools do not require much cleaning and are faster to close at the end of the season.
- Size: The size of an above-ground pool is typically smaller than an inground swimming pool. Those with smaller backyards, who move around often, or frequently change their minds - above-ground pools are perfect for you as they can be installed and removed easily. Also, water in the pool is less deep than in an inground pool - making it a better option for people with children or those who are just starting to swim.
- Cost: Above-ground pools are usually less than inground pools. Not only is the pool more affordable, but so are maintenance costs and equipment. If you are looking for a more accessible price point, above-ground pools are your best bet, while still offering the same satisfaction.
- Maintenance: Inground pools are a center point for numerous backyards and can be enjoyed by many. Since inground pools are much larger and deeper in size, maintenance is required to maintain your pool. Cleanings, chemical additives, and filter replacements must be done to preserve the condition of your swimming pool. In addition, equipment such as vacuums, brushes, and skimmers are needed to keep it clean and bacteria-free.
- Size: Inground pools come in various shapes and sizes, and liners can be customized to any colour or pattern you prefer. For someone who enjoys creative control, having several options such as where to place the pool, what customizations to add, and the type of water (saltwater or chlorine) allows you to personalize your pool. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, you can work with our team of custom swimming pool builders to design a beautiful backyard swimming pool that’s entirely unique.
- Cost: Though more options are available for inground swimming pools, including design, colour, and size, it comes with a higher cost. Though small inground pools, such as plunge pools, are available, the price is much higher than above-ground pools due to construction and material costs. At Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs, we work together to plan per your budget and any other concerns you may have.
Building a Swimming Pool with Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs
Seaway Pools & Hot Tubs is your top choice for pool installation, maintenance, and repairs. Our team of experts uses high-quality materials while maintaining the best construction practices. We strive for excellence, and customer satisfaction is our main priority.
Call us to install an inground or above-ground pool today!